Microextração em fase sólida no capilar (in-tube SPME) para automação das análises de fármacos em fluidos biológicos
Queiroz, Maria Eugênia C.
Palavras-chave: In-tube solid-phase microextraction, drugs, biological samples.
Resumo: The in-tube SPME system developed in combination with the liquid chromatography (LC) has been used for the automation of analyses SPME/LC of less volatile and/or thermally unstable solutes. The system in-tube SPME/LC can be done by fixing an open silica capillary column, internally coated with the phase stationary (or a capillary column gas chromatography), between the injection loop and injection needle of the LC autosampler, or simply, substituting the injection loop. The technique in-tube SPME/LC, when compared with the conventional SPME, minimizes the sample volume, allows automation of the chromatographic methods by means of extraction and concentration of the solutes on-line with separation and chromatographic detection that results in better analytical accuracy and precision, and short analysis time. As the samples are injected in the system, practically in its physiological state, decreases the exposition of the analysts to biological fluids. The development of new in-tube SPME phases increases the ability and the potential for in-tube SPME. Molecularly imprinted polymer, monolithic and imunoaffinity phases allowed high analytical selectivity/specificity, biocompatible RP-18/diol, the direct extraction of the drugs with exclusion of proteins, b-cyclodextrin (b-CD), interactions by inclusion complexes between drugs and b-CD, and polypirrole, high permeability and acid-base intermolecular interactions.
1. Kataoka H. Automated sample preparation using in-tube solid-phase microextraction and its application. Anal Bioanal Chem., v. 373, n. (1-2), p. 31, 2002.
2. Kataoka H, Lord H, Pawliszyn J. Automated in-tube solid-phase microextraction-liquid chromatographyelectrospray ionization mass spectrometry for the determination of ranitidine. J. Chromatogr B, v. 731, p. 353, 1999.
3. Saito Y, Kawazoe M, Hayashida M, Jinno K. Direct coupling of microcolumn liquid chromatography with in-tube solid-phase microextraction for the analysis of antidepressant drugs. Analyst, v. 125, p. 807, 2000.
4. Wu J, Lord H, Pawliszyn J, Kataoka H. Polypyrrole-coated capillary in-tube solid phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for the determination of b-blockers in urine and serum samples. J Microcol Sep., v. 12, p. 255, 2000.
5. Kataoka H, Lord HL. Simple and rapid determination of amphetamine, methamphetamine, and their methylenedioxy derivatives in urine by automated in-tube solid-phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. J. Anal. Toxicol., v. 24, p. 257, 2000.
6. Yuan H, Mester Z, Lord H, Pawliszyn J. Automated In-tube solid-phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for the determination of selected benzodiazepines. J Anal Toxicol., v. 24, p. 718, 2000.
7. Mullett WM, Martin P, Pawliszyn. In-tube moleculary imprinted polymer solid-phase microextraction for the selective determination of propranolol. Anal Chem., v.73, p. 2383, 2001.
8. Wu J, Lord H, Pawliszyn J. Determination of stimulants in human urine and hair samples by polypyrrole coated capillary in-tube solid phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry. Talanta, v. 54, p. 655, 2001.
9. Jinno K, Kawazoe M, Saito Y, Takeichi T, Hayashida M. Sample preparation with fiber- in-tube solid-phase microextraction for capillary electrophoretic separation of tricyclic antidepressant drugs in human urine. Eletrophoresis, v. 22, p. 3785, 2001.
10. Mullett WM, Levsen K, Lubda D, Pawliszyn. J. Bio-compatible in-tube solid-phase microextraction capillary for the direct extraction and high-performance liquid chromatographic determination of drugs in human serum. J Chromatogr A, v. 963, p. 325, 2002.
11. Walles M, Mullet WM, Levsen K, Borlak J, Wunsch G, Pawliszyn J. Verapamil drug metabolism studies by automated in-tube solid phase microextraction. J Pharm Biomed Anal., v. 30, p. 307, 2002.
12. Fan Y, Feng YQ, Da SL, Shi ZG. Poly (methacrylic acid–ethylene glycol dimethacrylate) monolithic capillary for in-tube solid phase microextraction coupled to high performance liquid chromatography and its application to determination of basic drugs in human serum. Anal Chim Acta, v. 523, p. 251, 2004.
13. Yi Fan, Yu-Qi Feng, Shi-Lu Da, Zhong-Hua Wang. In-tube solid phase microextraction using a beta-cyclodextrin coated capillary coupled to high performance liquid chromatography for determination of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in urine samples. Talanta, v. 65, n. 1, p. 111, 2005.
14. B. Lin, M. M. Zheng, S. C. Ng, Yu-Qi Feng. Development of in-tube solid-phase microextraction coupled to pressure-assisted CEC and its application to the analysis of propranolol enantiomers in human urine. Electrophoresis, v. 28, p. 2771, 2007.
15. H. Kataoka, R. Inoue, K. Yagi, K. Saito. Determination of nicotine, cotinine, and related alkaloids in human urine and saliva by automated in-tube solid-phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. v. 49, n. 1, p. 108, 2009.
16. M.E. C. Queiroz , E.B. Oliveira , F. Breton, J. Pawliszyn. Immunoaffinity in-tube solid phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry for analysis of fluoxetine in serum samples. J Chromatogr A. v. 1174, n. 1-2, p. 72, 2007.
17. B. J. Silva , Lanças F. M., M. E. C. Queiroz. In-tube solid-phase microextraction coupled to liquid chromatography (in-tube SPME/LC) analysis of nontricyclic antidepressants in human plasma. J Chromatogr B, v. 862, n. 1-2, p. 181, 2008.
18. H. Kataoka, E. Matsuura, K. Mitani. Determination of cortisol in human saliva by automated in-tube solid-phase microextraction coupled with liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. v. 44, p. 160-165, 2007.