Evaluation of fragrance detergent powder by solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography
Godinho, Robson Bonfim; Bottoli, Carla Beatriz G.
Palavras-chave: Fragrance, solid phase micro extraction, volatile compounds.
Resumo: Fragrance is a mixture of organic molecules such as esters, ketones, aldehydes, hydrocarbons and alcohols, among others, using as sources substances of natural or synthetic origin, which, when combined in harmonious proportions, confer a unique characteristic to a perfume or a scented product. Considering this feature, the objective of this work was the development of a method of analysis of volatile compounds from a fragrance applied in powder detergent by gas chromatography using the technique of Headspace – Solid Phase Micro Extraction, HS-SPME.
1. Associação Brasileira das Indústrias de Produtos de Limpeza a Afins. Anuário ABIPLA. 2011. [cited 2013 Aug]. Available from: http://www.abipla.org.br/.
2. Bauer K, Garbe D, Surburg H. Common Fragrance and Flavor Materials: Preparation, Properties and Uses. Wiley-VCH; 1990.
3. Müller PM, Lamparsky D. Perfumes: Art, Science & Technology. Elsevier Applied Science; 1991.
4. Pybus HD, Sell CS. The Chemistry of Fragrances: From Perfumer to Consumer. RSC Paperbacks; 1999. http:// dx.doi.org/10.1039/9781847552044
5. Augusto F, Zini CA. Sampling and sample preparation for fragrance analysis. In: Pawliszyn J, editor. Sampling and Sample Preparation for Field and Laboratory – Fundamentals and New Directions in Sample Preparation. Elsevier; 2002. http://dx.doi. org/10.1016/S0166-526X(02)80058-7
6. Augusto F, Lopes AL, Zini CA. Sampling and sample preparation for analysis of aromas and fragrances. Trends in Analytical Chemistry 2003; 22:160-9. http:// dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0165-9936(03)00304-2
7. Walradt JP. Analysis of Fragrance materials. In: Theimer ET, editor. Fragrance Chemistry – the science of the sense of smell. Academic Press; 1982.
8. Pawliszyn J, editor. Applications of Solid Phase Microextraction. RSC; 1999. http://dx.doi. org/10.1039/9781847550149
9. Chen Y, Begnaud F, Chaintreau A, Pawliszyn J. Quantification of perfume compounds in shampoo using solid-phase microextraction. Flavour and Fragrance Journal 2006; 21:822-32. http://dx.doi. org/10.1002/ffj.1734
10. Zhu M. Rapid Study of Fragrance Loss from Commercial Soap after Use by Solid Phase Microextraction-GC/MS and Olfactory Evaluation. Analytical Sciences 2006; 22:1249-51. http://dx.doi. org/10.2116/analsci.22.1249
11. Bothe F, Dettmer K, Engewald W. Determination of perfume oil in household products by headspace solid-phase microextraction and fast capillary gas chromatography. Chromatographia 2003; 57:S-199- 206.. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02492103
12. Ortiz G, Tena MT. Headspace solid-phase microextraction gas chromatography–mass spectrometry method for the identification of cosmetic ingredients causing delamination of packagings. Journal of Chromatography A 2006; 1101:32-7. http:// dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2005.09.084
13. Jirovetz L, Buchbauer G, Stoyanova A, Balinova A, Guangjiun Z, Xihan M. Solid phase microextraction/ gas chromatographic and olfactory analysis of the scent and fixative properties of the essential oil of Rosa damascena L. from China. Flavour and Fragrance Journal 2005; 20:7-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ ffj.1375.